Anger Management Services Across Milton Keynes, Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire, Luton and Dunstable
Quick Contact Information:
If you wish to contact an Anger Management, (AM), Specialist, to discuss you needs and options, or to make an appointment please see below:
Our offices are open from 9am till 9:30pm.
Tel: 01933395497 (Private office line with answer machine)
Main site: ww.TonicTalk.co.uk
We are happy to answer all your questions and are able to help and support you.
The following towns are in our catchment area:
● Milton Keynes ● Dunstable ● Newport Pagnell ● Olney ● Daventry ● Northampton ● Huntingdon • Kettering ● Wellingborough ● Rushden ● Leighton Buzzard ● Hitchin ● Bletchley ● Aylesbury ● Banbury ● Bicester ● Bedford ● Sandy ● Luton ● Rushden ●
Anger Management Therapy
Anger and Aggression issues are very common, in the home, at work and socially and range in intensity from occasional explosive arguments all the way through to persistent domestic and social violence. Sadly, equally common are the issues people experience with contemporary Anger Management interventions and therapists. Many interventions are heavily focussed on tools and skills which are often difficult to deploy, are misunderstood or misused and in the long term fail and leave the anger-sufferer feeling hopeless. Also, there is a huge range of skill and experience from one therapist to the next. They are not all the same and they are not all equal. Therefore, not every intervention or therapist will suite every anger-sufferer and your choice is important and will affect your outcome.
We have been Anger specialists for over ten years and have removed luck and guesswork from the process and brought Anger Management into the twenty-first century! Despite what you may think or be lead to believe, for most people, there is no need to spend a lifetime managing your anger issues, worried about the next incident or episode, when you might wreck your relationship, ruin your employment opportunities, find yourself in court or hurt the ones you love. We do not promote the ‘management’ of issues. There is no need to spend years deploying tools, suppressing your true feelings, and controlling yourself. All our treatments and courses are designed and geared towards helping anger-sufferers reduce and then resolve their anger issue…. Permanently! YES, with effective professional treatment and effort, anger issues are readily reducible and resolvable.
We are a full-time independent private professional practice with over a decade of experience helping individuals, parents and families overcome all types of difficult issues. In that time, we have specialised in Anger Management and Domestic Violence and offer three different treatment regiments:
• Individual One-to-One Appointments (Usually one hour per week, but, can be more if necessary) and
• Intensive Weekend ‘Crash’ Courses (Small groups limited in number)
• A combination of One-to-One A.M. Therapy and an Intensive Weekend ‘Crash’ Course.
We also provide corporate services available to businesses which can be provided both onsite or offsite. These services include:
Corporate Group Courses:
• Varying lengths from two-day to five-day
• Stress; Anxiety; Anger and Aggression Reduction and Resolution, (which is far more effective than Management)
• Constructive engagement and communication with difficult employees
• Constructive engagement and communication with disappointed, dissatisfied or upset customers or clients
• Dealing with Aggressive clients
Note: All corporate group courses are also available on a one-to-one basis.
Fees and conditions apply: Please contact us directly to discuss your needs. Fees upon request.
Fees and Terms & Conditions
Intensive weekend course Fees:
• Weekend two-day course: from £400 to £650 (weekends) – Dependent upon your ability to pay.
• One payment in advance when a course is booked.
• Non-transferrable. No refund if a client cancels or fails to attend for any reason.
Terms and Conditions Apply
Weekly one-to-one Fees:
• Monday - Friday, between 8:00 am and 9:30 pm: £50 per hour (pro-rata).
• Saturday, between 10:30 am and 4:00 pm: £80 per Hour (pro-rata).
• Sunday, between 11:00 am and 3:00 pm: £90 per Hour (pro-rata).
Terms and Conditions Apply
Choosing Between Treatments
Intensive Anger Management Courses
Our courses and training are of the highest quality and have been tried, tested, and proven over the past decade. These courses are designed for those who want to quickly improve their personal, relational and life circumstances or cannot. They are also useful for those who cannot afford the time out of their busy schedules to attend weekly appointments. Or whose circumstances are in urgent need of an intervention, such that there is imminent danger of relationship breakdown, loss of access to children, loss of employment or of some other difficult or destructive outcome. These courses may also be useful for those needing to regain access to children or who are going to court and quickly need to attend Anger Management. (Attendance certificates are available upon request).
• Extremely effective
• Quick Preventative Effect: Changes can be made with immediate effect, preventing the breakdown of relationships
• Quick Remedial Effect: Can be helpful in regaining access to children or rebuilding relationships.
• Shared Experience: A group course offers the opportunity to examine the course material with lots of shared examples.
• Destigmatised: Being amongst other anger-sufferers helps one realise that the issue is common and can be resolved.
• Support: During the course, the group can be extremely supportive, caring and encouraging.
• Unsupported: Following the course, without a therapist, the individual is alone to fully utilise and integrate the material into their life.
• Immediate Expense: While in the long-term, the fees are comparable, in the short-term one has to pay for the treatment in one lump sum.
One-to-One Anger Management
Individual one to one Anger Management therapy is designed for those people who recognise that they have some form of Anger, Aggression, Communication, or Reactive Relational issue that is damaging the quality of their life, their relationships and perhaps even, their employment opportunities and wish to change it. If this is the case and they are willing and able to attend weekly appointments, (as best they can), and dedicate time and effort into the process, then, this type of One-to-One therapy, can substantially improve an individual’s life, relationships and work-based opportunities.
• Extremely effective,
• Dynamic: The treatment will dynamically change as you change over the weeks,
• Very Supportive: Weekly opportunity to review, debrief and unwind,
• Affordable: Fees are weekly and therefore more affordable.
• Slower: In one hour one can only do so much and it sometimes takes a few weeks before the effect starts to take hold.
All the advantages with none of the disadvantages: Intensive courses are brilliant for quickly and effectively resolving critical issues with almost immediate effect and for returning stability to one’s life and relationships. On the other hand, individual therapy offers over a much longer period, a bespoke opportunity to engage with all the personally relevant content of an intensive course, combined with weekly access to an expert, highly-trained Psychotherapist or Counsellor that can support and guide you on a weekly basis.
However, what if one could combine all the immediate high impact advantages of an intensive course, with the longer-term help and support of One-to-One individual therapy? Well, you can! We believe that this is the ideal approach. To take the best of both worlds, without any of the disadvantages. To do an intensive course and quickly resolve immediate problems and stabilise one’s life and relationships and then, take advantage of One-to-One Anger Therapy support and assistance to fully integrate the course work into your life, relationships along with personal support and relational support.
The UK has a great and proud tradition of service to one’s community via charities and other community projects. However, when it comes to the provision of professional services, more often than not, best intentions, goodwill and caring are not enough. Anger and aggression issues and the personal and relational destruction they cause are too important and time sensitive to be left in the hands of do-gooders, part-timers, and therapist wannabees. It is not a question of kindness or wanting to help others, but rather, of genuine skill and experience, applied in an effective way, motivated by a professional attitude to act with diligence, integrity, and immediacy, to help someone change their lives. Charities have their place, but the provision of Anger Management services and therapy, is not it.
Alternatively, there is the NHS. A proud institution underfunded and overworked. They may do their best, but the sheer magnitude of the issue is beyond them. The NHS can barely cope under the strain of childhood psychological issues and complex and life threatening adult psychological issues. Therefore, common adult psychological and relational issues are completely beyond the NHS.
And that leaves, private professional services like ours. We are here to fill that gap and provide professional and effective services at an affordable price. Expenditure on therapy, relationship counselling or anger therapy may initially feel like an unwelcome expense. However, generally, it is only a short-term expense and inconvenience, with long term benefits. Anger Reduction and Resolution courses and or therapy, are an investment that can pay for themselves in improved relationships, general happiness, less stress, improved physical and psychological health and better employment opportunities.
Our society is geared around cars and therefore they are important. They give us mobility, expanding our life and employment opportunities and choice. An average annual interim car service costs £200 and that should keep you safely on the road and minimise the chance of breakdowns. The average family spends £24.80 per week on purchasing vehicles and £33.90 per week on running costs.
Our lives, families, relationships, and employment opportunities are also heavily dependent on our Mental-Health and therein, our Psychological, Emotional, and Relational wellbeing. How important to your Mental Health? In 2014 the average UK household spent £34.70 per week on restaurants and fast-food and £68.80 on recreation and only £7.10 on health. Perhaps, there is a need to take better care of ourselves. Perhaps each of us deserves an annual budget, like cars, to ensure that we remain running and in tip op Mental health, so that we can live, love, enjoy, and work.
Anger therapy may benefit you by improving your intimate relationship or marriage or prevent domestic or social violence all of with will keep you out of divorce or family court, or civil or criminal court.
• The average solicitor charges: £200 per hour,
• The average wedding costs: £25,000,
• The average separation or divorce costs: £44,000,
• The effect of family breakdown on children is long-term and incalculable, and
• The average cost of defending a police prosecution in court with a jury: £4000 and £900 without a jury and
• The long-term effects of a criminal conviction for aggression and violence are also, incalculable.
The alternative is to keep walking away and continually building new relationships with new people in a never ending stream of the same problems repeated again and again. - Why not just solve the problems and Change your life for the better?
Anger Management Service Area
Our Individual One-to-One Therapy catchment area is as follows.
Our Higham Ferrers office services the communities of:
• Rushden • Wellingborough • Bedford • Kettering •
Our Newport Pagnell office services the communities of:
• Milton Keynes • Newport Pagnell • Northampton • Olney •
However, since people are only expected to attend for the weekend the provision Intensive Anger Management Courses is slightly different and people may travel from further afield and therefore the service area is much greater and includes:
• Buckinghamshire • Bedfordshire • Northamptonshire •
• Milton Keynes • Bedford • Luton • Kettering • Northampton • Dunstable • Wellingborough • Newport Pagnell • Rushden • Olney • Leighton Buzzard • Hitchin • Daventry • Bletchley • Aylesbury • Banbury • Bicester • Sandy • Rushden •